Saturday, August 24, 2013

Reflecting on Learning!


     My most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional is that I learn that educating all children is vital to our progression as a people.  I feel like there is an abundance of hope for the children because of our advocacy efforts. By enrolling in and soon to graduate from this program, I feel as though I have the tools to begin to promote an anti-bias education for all children and families. As an advocate, I would like to encourage all my co-workers to research or enroll in a program that will enable them to learn about anti-bias education. Dr. Julie Edwards said, “We will never learn everything about anti-bias education because the field is still evolving (Laureate, Inc.) I just feel like she is saying, “Start now.” You see, I am confident that my love for children and the knowledge that I have acquired while focusing on anti-bias education is the foundation I need to promote these efforts. 
     To my very supportive colleagues, I commend you for continuing in the program.  You have been a pleasure to share ideas, comments and concerns with.  I appreciate what each of you brings to the table.  As we part our separate ways, I hope that the love of children will sustain you throughout this journey.  Be blessed and be a blessing!
References
Laureate, Inc.  Your Commitment to Anti-Bias Work" https://class.waldenu.edu/webapps/portal/frameset.jsp?tab_tab_group_id=_2_1&url=%2Fwebapps%2Fblackboard%2Fexecute%2Flauncher%3Ftype%3DCourse%26id%3D_3396868_1%26url%3D

2 comments:

  1. Yolonda, you are right on so many accounts. Yes, our journey is only beginning and yes we still have a lot to learn and always will, but it most certainly is a journey worth going on! This program has certainly given us the right tools to start the job confidently and with assurance. Thank you for all your contributions to the discussions and of course the blogs, I have gained many insights from your writings. All the best in the final course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolonda, you are correct when you say the journey is only beginning but it will be worth it once this step is completed! What keeps me going is knowing that I can reach so many lives and even if I make an impact on one child, it will all be worth it to me. Thank you for sharing and being an advocate for our children. Good luck as your journey continues!

    ReplyDelete